Statement of the Heart

"To love what we do and share what we love,as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments... in this we make a difference!"

Monday 8 July 2013

Week 2 : Interview with a Demonstrator

Hi All Crafters,

Well it's week two of the Stampin Up Demonstrator interviews and this week I contacted one of our lovely ladies in the South Island, Lisa Bullock from Canterbury!

Lisa has passed on some of her skills with answering some questions for me, below is her interview...


Interview with Lisa Bullock
 
 
 
1. How long have you been a Stampin Up Demonstrator?
 Since May 2009
2. What made you decided to become one?
 I wanted to make my hobby work for me so I started selling the products I love so they could PAY for the ones I wanted
3. What makes Stampin Up product different from others?
Great quality stamps, you don't appreciate them fully until you use a non SU stamp and see the difference. I love the colour coordination of the products too, Cardstock, inkpads, markers plus ribbon, buttons and all the other lovelies.  
4. What is your Favourite, wouldn't be without Stampin Up Product new or past?
 Anyone who knows me knows I love my punches - ALL of them. They are such a versatile product and can be put together to make new pictures too
5. What was your favourite class and why?
 My favourite classes are kids ones. You can guarantee that even when you give the children all the same supplies that not one of them will come out with a card the same as yours. They don't seem to have the same need to follow the "rules" as adults do when creating. 
6. If you got asked to take 7 things along to a blind demonstration what would you take and why?
 Whisper White A5 folded into Cardbases (back to basics, you can show lots of different ways to do one layer cards), Coordinating ink pads, Post it notes (for sponging or creating a frame), Stampin' Sponges (lots of fun effects there), A stamp set like the new Wetlands one because it has useful sentiments and images, Stazon ink pad (waterproof!! great for line images and sentiments ), Aquapainter (another way to colour line images). These are all good basic products which you can do lots with.
7. What is your best Stampin Up tip?
 Play! Experiment, think outside the box. Not only will you become really familiar with your product but you will discover lots of different ways to use it and be able to share that with your friends and customers. People love to get more bang for their buck so show them how to get the most from their products.
8. What is your favourite technique?
 I'm not big on Techniques but I do like to learn new ones. The last one was Whitewash Effect where you use slightly watered down Whisper White Craft ink to "white wash" colour onto a White embossed line image. Allow to dry thoroughly then use watercolour pencils or markers to colour it in. I do love sponged effects too.
9. Lastly what was your funniest Stampin Up moment you can remember.
 Funniest Moment! No this is serious business. I always have a lot of fun with my ladies and I have met some fabulous people through Stampin' Up! which I would never have met otherwise but no "one" funny moment comes to mind
 
If you want to know more about Lisa, please contact her at:
 
 
Now onto this weeks pics...
 
 
 
 
Have a fantastic week everyone.
 
 
 


No comments: